How we are paid.
Assessing your requirements
- Before advising how we are paid, we assess your requirements.
- Our adviser will give you clear information about:
- the type of advice,
- the level of service provided,
- and how much it will cost.
- We will give you details on how the firm is regulated by the FCA (www.fca.org.uk/register), the range of products we are authorised to advise on and any information we are required to give you.
- Additionally, we provide a detailed outline of the products the firm offers advice on, for example, investments and savings, pensions, long-term care planning, and protection.
There is always a cost for your adviser’s service. As with any business arrangement, you are benefiting from their expertise. So how we are paid for advice can happen in three main ways:
It is a regulatory requirement that the cost of all investment and pension advice be based on a fee rather than commission.
For a copy of our most up to date fees, call 020 8540 7062.
We will always tell you about any commission we earn for protection advice.
In this case, the cost of commission paid out by a provider is typically factored into the price of your product. Nonetheless, different products and providers will likely charge different rates. These will be documented on the key facts illustration (KFI) you receive from the adviser.
In some instances we will be paid by a combination of fees and commission. In some instances the commission may be used to offset our fees.
Whether we take our remuneration as commission or fees will be discussed and agreed, and no charges for fees will be made without prior notification in writing.