Six stages of financial planning
Our approach is simple and flexible with you at the heart of what we do. Our aim is always to protect your assets, grow your wealth and ensure that you thrive now and in the future.
Following the six stages of financial planning, we take time to understand your needs, goals, and preferences before we make any recommendations.
How we create your professional financial planning strategy
- We arrange a convenient time to meet.
- At this time, you need to gather financial information before our meeting so we can develop a clear picture about your situation.
- Financial Information includes documents such as life assurance, mortgage, pension, savings, investments, or bank statements.
- You can outline the issues that you’d like to discuss.
- During this meeting we assess your current financial position, identify your goals, and consider your attitude to risk.
- We provide information about our services; explain how we charge and the type of advice we offer.
- This meeting is the perfect time to raise anything you want to discuss.
- Using the information you give us; we develop a detailed financial plan for you.
- Accordingly, the plan will fit your lifetime goals and we will ensure you are comfortable with the implementation timeline.
- We research the market, review products and providers, and follow up with a document outlining a strategy tailored to your individual goals and circumstances.
- Specifically, our goal is to ensure that you understand why we recommend certain products or a particular advice strategy.
- Together, we discuss the cost of any future work and explain how you can check on investment performance.
- At this point, all the necessary product paperwork is completed and processed.
- Afterwards, we implement all recommendations that you agree to.
- If appropriate, we liaise with your accountant or solicitor.
- You decide the frequency and level of contact.
- As part of your review, if your circumstances change, we need to know so we can consider any changes your plan may require. Life-changing events include: getting married, having a baby, a promotion buying a new property any events that may affect your finances and require you to re assess your financial planning strategy.
To ensure the successful completion of your financial goals, joint commitment from you and us is essential.